Friday, December 29, 2017

Year In Review & The Year Ahead - 2017-2018

SCA (the final year)


What have you done that is new? I helped run an event and I quit the SCA.

What was the best moment? Going to Raglan. It was a gorgeous event and people were really lovely. Oh - and paragliding in Interlaken, Switzerland.

What was the worst moment? The drama of getting Midsummer sorted.

Have you held an office this year? Yes, I was Chronicler and have since passed on the role.

Have you run anything this year? Co-stewarded Midsummer.

Have you entered anything this year? No

What have you made this year? I mended some stuff for Raglan.

Who inspired me? This year was rather un-inspiring.

What new things would you like to do next year? Nothing, as I have quit the SCA.


Everyday


What single achievement are you most proud of? All the walking I did on my holiday. It was painful but I got through it.

What did you set out to accomplish this year that you didn't make happen? Again, taking better care of myself, especially food wise. I know now what I can mange, I just have to get back to it.

What new places did you go in 2017? So many! Paris, Interlaken, Milan, Copenhagen.

What new skills did you learn? I've been learning some scheduling related stuff at work. Outside of work I'm learning about coding and creating websites.

What was your favourite book? I've been terrible and not read much this year. Fiction we will go with the only one I remember reading which is Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult but it wasn't anywhere near her best book. Non-fiction would be Sarah Chrisman's books about living a Victorian life.

What was your favourite electronic game? Hands down Playerunknown's Battlegrounds. It holds the title of most hours played in my Steam library (roughly 400.)

What was your favourite non-electronic game? Again, haven't been playing a lot of non-electronic games but just recently I played Elevenses with my sister and it was awesome.

What was the best moment? Going to Tivoli in Copenhagen.

What was the worst moment? I think just the overall depression I've been feeling lately. It's been impacted by a few things happening.

If you had to describe 2017 in three words, what would they be? Last year was famous people dying. This year it's #metoo


Epic Quest


What goals did you complete? I stewarded an SCA event.

What goals did you make progress on? I donated to some more Kickstarters. Played a few more CAH games.

Were any goals removed/changed? I need to change around some of my Mental quests. I changed one to learning Danish but that's likely going to change again. I need to add in a new Physical goal.

What's your plan for next year? Like last years plans: Write more. Work on my fitness goals. Complete the code course. Have more fun.


2018


What do you want to see, discover, explore? I want to try being outside more this year.

Who do you want to spend more time with? My family. Good friends. Note to self: make good friendships.

What skills do you want to learn, improve or master? I'd like to focus on improving my writing (actually start writing) and my embroidery.

Which habits do you want to change, cultivate or get rid of? I want to become a more flexible being in that when obstacles appear I don't instantly burst into tears. I'd like to read books more and be more present in the moment.

What do you want to achieve career-wise? This is a tough one because I don't know where I am heading right now career wise. I thought I'd be more interested in my programming course but I'm not. I don't know if that's a product of the course or just my lack of interest in the subject though. I think, career-wise I'd like to figure out what it is I want to do and then go do that thing.

What is your number one goal for 2018? Stand up for myself more. (And actually write on this blog more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment