Monday, January 27, 2020

January 2020: A 101 in 1001 non-update

Hello reader!

During January 2020, 101 in 1001 goals have pretty much fallen by the wayside.
On the 31st I visited an occupational therapist (OT) and found out that the ongoing pain I'd had in my wrist for six months was likely a sprain/torn ligament in my wrist and that the best way to heal it was to immobilise it for a few weeks which is what I ended up doing.

My original oh so pretty splint was purple and covered from my palm and then halfway down my forearm. It made using the hand for anything pretty difficult so most of the time I've been adapting to not using that hand. It's meant that I've not really focused on doing anything on my list and I'll admit to being a little bit frustrated by the whole situation.

I'm now in what's apparently called a warrior splint which looks more like a beige wrist sweatband to me. My emo heart loves it.

On top of that I've been dealing with the general stresses of upcoming education, transitioning to my new role at work (whilst training my replacement) and the fun time that is having housemates that are also family members. It's been a great month.

I was chatting to a friend last night and talking about how I wanted to have more adventures in 2020. This led me down memory lane as I remembered reading about microadventures which is a practice I want to invest more in this year.

I'm going to cut this entry off here but I hope to have an actual update for you in Feb :)

Much love,

Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment